The Caterpillar 980M Wheel Loader offers significant fuel savings while lowering long-term costs. This machine meets emission standards and is designed to improve fuel economy without interrupting performance. The reliability, durability, and versatility result in machines that are better built to meet your needs.
Caterpillar 980M Wheel Loader
Features at a glance
- Cat C13 engine offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic fuel and air systems.
- Equipped with automatic Cat regeneration system, Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump (Tier 4 Final and Stage V).
- Features an electric fuel priming pump and a fuel/water separator.
- Thorough component design and machine validation processes result in unmatched reliability and uptime.
- Heavy-duty transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Automatic planetary powershift (4F/4R) transmission features durable, long-lasting components.
- Full-flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system strength and component life.
- Deep system integration results in lower fuel consumption.
- Significantly more fuel efficient than both the H and K Series loaders.
- Power dense engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- The HEUI™ fuel system boosts performance and reduces soot.
- Standard productive economy mode delivers more fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
- New split-flow oil system (transmission) uses multi-viscosity oil to improve fuel economy.