Western Plant Hire (WA) Pty Ltd commits to preparing for outbreaks of disease that have the potential to harm our employees or significantly affect business continuance. The policy ensures Western Plant Hire (WA) Pty Ltd can continue to provide a safe workplace and deliver services in the event of an epidemic/pandemic or recover quickly afterwards by defining a framework that enables:
- An analysis of the impact that COVID-19 would have on the organisation.
- Development of strategies required to support critical processes post-recovery.
- Procedures and actions required to respond to an incident in terms of containment, control, and minimising impacts.
- Procedures and actions required to recover from an outbreak to minimise disruption and recovery times.
Western Plant Hire (WA) Pty Ltd will keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 information and advice to help in managing the risk. To do this is we will monitor the Australian Government Department of Health and any advice from state/territory government agencies.
We will ensure workers are aware of and kept up to date on information relevant to them regarding COVID-19 by directing them towards official websites. Clear advice will be provided to workers about actions they should take if they think they may have the symptoms of COVID-19. Including:
- When they should not attend work or travel.
- Information and links to relevant services should they require support.
Western Plant Hire (WA) Pty Ltd acknowledges that the following scenarios may cause workers to either isolate at home or not attend the normal place of work:
- A person tests positive for COVID-19 or has come in contact with someone known to be positive and must self-isolate or enter into medical care.
- A direction from the relevant government body to not operate the business requiring a need to stand down workers, e.g. non-essential businesses.
- The organisation voluntarily standing down of workers due to health concerns for the workers.
- Workers are voluntarily standing down or taking leave due to their own personal health concerns.
Additional procedures and a Business Continuity Plan will be developed to keep workers, and other interested parties, informed of the organisations’ direction and measures regarding COVID-19.
What can you do
- Complete a Rapid Antigen (RAT) self-test if you will be onsite for longer than 15 minutes
- Practice social distancing when onsite
- Wear a mask or we can provide one for you when onsite
- Please dont attend our site if you are a close contact of a confirmed case or if you have any symtoms of COVID-19
For more information on social distancing, please see the guidance on the Australian Government Department of Health website.
We thank you again for your continued support as we work through these challenging times together.